Sport Bikes banner

Victory Empulse electric bike

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Süsser Tod 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Back when I started riding I was doing more than a combined 20k miles a year between bike and car on the road, if I was in a warmer climate it would likely have been almost all bike miles.

It's only 55 miles a day to hit 20k miles a year, I was commuting ~100 miles round-trip 5-6 days a week just for work, not counting anywhere I was going for other reasons.

Also that bike is a solid meh from me. 140 miles between 3.5 hours of charging? So I'd still need a real gas bike if I wanted to go anywhere.

#6 ·
My versys has 26K miles and I took delivery on April 1s 2014. There is no way in hell I could have racked up that many miles if I had to stop for 3.5 hours every 140 miles. Heck, I could barely do a short weekend ride with that range... Eff that; at best it could be a commuter bike, but I think I'd save more money and energy if I sunk those $20K into solar panels and batteries for my home. It's interesting and I'd love an elecric commuter bike that is freeway capable, but not at that price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.