Sport Bikes banner

Best Deal on Tires

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  serpentracer 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have not posted here on much, but that should change in the future. I wanted to see if anyone knows where to find great deals on tires. I have been looking at the Michelin pilot road series, for a CBR250r. 4500 miles on the stock rear and I am at the wear bars. Looking to replace in the next month.

Please advise on where you all are getting tires, and which ones would be the best deal. (I commute 30 miles round trip on interstate a day, sometimes rain, some weekends spent carving corners. Need a good all around tire)

Thanks.

#3 ·
I usually go with Revzilla for tires and a lot of other purchases. Mostly because of their easy return policy on gear (I know that doesn't really help you when you're looking for tires). They also let you earn a discount on your next purchase, so they might not have the cheapest actual price on tires, but with the discount they are very competitive....or they will price match any competitor, but you would loose that discount. Either way, Revzilla is usually the first place I check.

I put a pair of Michelin Pilot Power 3's on my Concours last year. Was very happy with them and put a pair on my SV1000 about 6 weeks ago. I really have no complaints with these tires. They seem to be wearing very well on my Concours. I heard good things about how long they last. So far they seem to be right on par. I'd buy them again.

#7 ·
I would offer up this suggestion and some mileage information

The Bridgestone S20- I have more than a few customers with CBR250R's and two of them have been getting over 10k out of rears and 20k out of the front S20

couple that with, they start around $50 a set cheaper than Michelin, and right now Bridgestone is a giving a $50 rebate on a set purchase......... that is saving $100 minimum on the tires, and getting a damn good tire with a shit ton of life on this low powered bike. (and do the Michelin pilot road series even come in the correct sizes?)

$184.00 at Jake Wilson, then get $50 back, that is $134 for the set......how can you beat that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.