Sport Bikes banner

So my wife went to the store to buy some milk.....

6K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Laughing Man 
#1 ·
...and bought this for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1998 Suzuki TL1000R

See less See more
#5 ·
Bet she got alot of Loveyouthankyouloveyouomfg sex later on LOL! Awesome, MAn!

Reactions: espacef1fan
#6 ·
does she know that that bike is nicknamed the widowmaker? and did she get a large insurance plan out on you recently?

Reactions: Cadillac Jack
#20 ·
Can you make a vid of the Bike running and you blipping the throttle?.....Please? I haven't been on a big vtwin in over 2 years :(

#25 · (Edited)
Wow congrats man!! A guy in my neighborhood has one. I used to make sure to go home everyday down his street so I could see the bike. Haha .....yea..... I did that quite a bit......:luvpanda

Just a quick question, I've been wondering about this for a long time.

What is the difference between the tlr1000 and the gsxr 1000?

Speed? Acceleration? Comfort? Handling?

Is the throttle twitchy like on the 4 cylinder bikes?

How experienced of a rider should you be before you own one?

Sorry for all the questions. Just really curious

#27 ·
from what one of my riding buds said (since he used to own one) it was twitchy in town. did NOT like low speed low RPM. He LOVED the bike. other than, not as much top end as a inline 4 1000, but GOBS of torque!!!!!!!!!! i'm guessing you know the TLR is a V-twin... right? much thinner than any inline 4 1k. i wouldn't suggest it as a first bike for anyone. ride some other smaller bikes first and get some riding experience. THEN, maybe look at the TLR.

from my perspective, i still love the RC51 better sound-wise. but like the looks of both of em.

and... GRATS on the new purchase and awesome wife. that's another woman that's a keeper. seems like the thing for woman to do these days. i think your the 4th one I've heard do that.

#26 ·
" A GSXR 1000 is bike made for a man, a TL1000R is a bike made for a man with a moustache."

This is the answer i got when i asked this very same question a year ago when i was at a dealership. I didn't know how to respond, and to this day i still don't know how to respond to that.

#34 ·
What is the difference between the tlr1000 and the gsxr 1000? Assuming the same or similar year.....
Inline 4 versus 90* vtwin. The TLR is also a little heavier.

Speed?The GSXR wins.

Acceleration? The GSXR wins with numbers, and top end rush. The TLR is much more fun in my opinion because you dont ahve to wind it uyp..its all GO RIGHT NOW!

Comfort? Comfy seat, stable ride. Bars are kind of a reach

Handling? GSXR wins. The TLR is still very capable with a good rider and a new rear shock..

Is the throttle twitchy like on the 4 cylinder bikes? twitchy? No Ive only experienced smooth throttle..on either type of bike..though there is alot of power....the same twist on a TLR that you use to leave a light on a Ninja 250...will leave you on your ass, on the TLR.

How experienced of a rider should you be before you own one?

If you are capable of riding a 600 competently.( I dont mean to starbucks and back....)..you could handle a TLR

#37 ·
I need to find me a woman like your's! Nice bike, gotta love the tillers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.