Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#281 ·
No, I think he still has it in him.

#299 ·
I'm a staunch Vale fan, his performances helped me get into motoGP.
you don't lose that talent magically, no.

But I'm saying he's probably not going to be as dominant as he once was. that's it.

#309 ·
All that Marlboro money and they still aren't making any note worthy changes in the off season.. I get wanting to be focused on 2014 and the next bike. But it's starting to feel like the situation hasn't changed at all

Thank god Rossi didn't give them another 2 years. It's sad watching him ride those bikes... We need more competitive riders not less.

Dovi and cal provided some of the best racing we saw in gp 2012. It sucks those two wont be battling again.

#312 ·
Check out @AziFarniBBC and @birtymotogp in Twitter; they are posting Gobmeier's words.

They are worrying.

It's dissapointing. On one hand, it makes sense to want to really test the GP12 with the new riders, but the "we are going to improve what we have" attitude is troublesome in this case. To be honest, I'd much rather read that if we were talking about the development of the CF monocoque no-frame GP from a couple years back.

Gobmeier says the 90Âş angle is not going to be changed. That it still allows for development of engine and chassis.

That development of current Ducati has not been completed and more needs to be done to explore its potential.

He points to main changes in team structure and communication. A stronger testing team, too.

He says that the problems which Ducati have been facing (lack of front end feel, under-steer, etc) are the same that BMW had when he was there. He has confidence, although in the mid/long term.

Well, this is a man that certainly knows his business. I really hope he can improve this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.