Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#110 ·
Vale wins the Monza Rally

This made me crack up:

Sunday, 25 November 2012
The 30,000 or so fans that piled into Monza earlier today sure got the spectacle they came for. The 90th edition of the Monza Rally Show saw the legend that is Valentino Rossi claim his third title at the fabled Milanese circuit and even scored a double as he walked away with not only the Stage Rally win but took the top step of the Master Show like a boss.
motogp.com · Valentino Rossi owns Monza Rally 2012

#122 ·
I can't help but wonder wtf is going on with that...

:edit: I also liked some of the comments on the article somehow blaming Rossi for Hayden being slow... There is absolutely NO WAY that having a 9-time world champion rider work on your bike for two years has made it slower or worse. Jesus.

#124 ·
While I DO have a certain uneasiness with the fact that some WSBK times are being better than those of prototype MotoGP machines, both championships run by different rules; they are different worlds.

There are several factors, for example, which track, the tyres and usable power, and of course, engine durability. I've read that Aprilia using a million engines is half myth, in that a "new engine" is not a new engine per se, but more like a rebuilt one. However, judging by Ramon Forcada's words on the article I posted a few days ago here, in MotoGP a new engine is pretty much exactly that: a new engine, so those bits that could be stretched very far and unreliably in WSBK to gain extra performance, need to be very durable in MotoGP.

Ultimately, I'm not one to be mocking riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.