Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#32 ·
Isn't testing unlimited as of 2012? Why are JLo and Vale saying things along the lines of "it was important to test today because we had new things to try but weather was bad and we couldn't ride. We will have to wait till February". If it's that important to test why not reschedule a new test the same way Honda scheduled a test in Sepang @ the end of this month. I don't get it.

#47 ·
I don't think so, he's a lot more like Simoncelli or Stoner, he's very loose on the bike and likes to slide. Rossi is more smooth and controlled. Iannone has never had a really good bike and has been on a small independent team. Will be interesting to see what he can do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#61 ·
I think the young guns like Ianonne, as well Dovi and to a certain extent Spies will out pace Rossi in comparison to his time at Ducati.

We shall see, have the stats ready boys. I for one am looking forward to Nicky taking charge head on at Ducati as #1. Lets hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't back down

#65 ·
See... That wasn't probably a good thing to say... Rossi is good for TV ratings. Now, what if Rossi starts winning? That's a whole year of good ratings with Rossi around that DORNA will miss out on... I smell a conspiracy theory.

#66 ·
If Rossi retires at the end of 2013, and with Lorenzo's recent comment that he plans on racing for two more years.... Fucking Marquez is going to pull a Doohan and race no one at all for the championship for a long time to come.

Or who knows, maybe Bradl and Spies will find some more speed.

#67 ·
Yea wasnt a good thing to say. Than again we know how sensational the media can be. These guys need to stop talking about retirement. It's been "the big thing" to talk about this past season.

Vale has a 2 year deal with Yamaha. I doubt he will win this year and I sure as hell doubt he will leave before contract fulfillment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.