Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#709 ·
The Maestro:

Rossi’s Yamaha comeback, coupled with his encouraging results in testing so far this year, have rekindled a light that never went out for the legions of number 46 followers. Quite simply, many just never lost faith in the nine-time world champion. This is very much confirmed in the March edition of Riders.
The support has come flooding in for a competitor who sparks passion in abundance. They range from Hollywood actors such as Daniel Day-Lewis and Brad Pitt to Italian celebrities and a selection of institutions, colleagues, friends, sponsors and fans.
“He’s an idol for me,” says Pitt, who last visited the MotoGP paddock at Mugello in 2008. “I would give anything to be him. He’s got speed and balance – pure art. To watch him is like reading a poem.” Day-Lewis describes the Italian as ‘a genius’. “(A rider’s) work requires both discipline and a wild spirit. He has his practical side, but at the same time there is something there that is simply intangible.”
“I appreciate what he is a lot,” adds Oliviero Toscani, iconic Italian photographer. “He is undoubtedly one of the Italian maestros; firstly with the way he rides a motorcycle, of course, but also by that way he talks. He has a great sense of humour and, even when explaining why something might be wrong with his bike, he’s doing it while smiling. A great man and a real inner fire. I can only dream of a lap on a motorcycle with him...”
The next words came from a man who may be found a little closer to the paddock.
“I’ve been a fan of yours since childhood,” says Andrea Iannone, who this year contests MotoGP alongside Ben Spies at Pramac. “I have always followed you with admiration. You’re the real protagonist. A person to be admired both on and off the race track. I guess that is why I, like many others, consider you a hero of my generation.”
Even the Mayor of Florence and somewhat a celebrity himself in Italy, Matteo Renzi, has donated a message for Rossi. “I remember the difficult days in June 2010: his accident at Mugello and subsequent hospitalisation in Florence,” he recalls. “But I also remember that ability to return to competition so quickly. That was a victory in itself – and one achieved with a smile. A smile we all want, to be able to dream of a beautiful future.”
Oakley and Bridgestone are not lacking in motivation, either, but perhaps the most important message comes from the man with whom Rossi has experienced the highs, lows, victories and defeats and always had alongside:
“Do what you like with Valentino, but there’s always a fun and light side,” explains Davide Brivio, advisor to Rossi and former Team Manager at Yamaha. “Of the thousands of moments we’ve spent together, the most recent that springs to mind is his great joy of re-signing with Yamaha. At the Monza Rally (which Rossi won)…I hadn’t seen that smile for two years. Now he’s rediscovered his motivation and desire to fight - and to be in there with a chance…”

#718 ·
I agree with most of that.
I reckon Rossi won't win another dry race this year as long as Lorenzo and Pedrosa are in the race.
He got absolutely smoked at a track he hadn't ridden before by the young guns.
I expect Marquez to own him after a few races.
Looks like his time is over and it might be time to start thinking about getting into a Rally car.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#715 ·
At first no doubt he will, he sucked his first few races in Moto2 which is what gave Bradl his huge lead in the points. But after about 5 races Marquez had figured it out and started winning. I think it will be the same way in GP with him this year.

#717 ·
I am a little worried that he will show some of the recklessness that he displayed in Moto2. I hope he has matured out of it. The kid has skill that, if he can temper the temptation of blind ambition, will develop him into a multiple world champion in the future.

Marc Marquez gets light wrist slap over Kallio incident

#736 ·
Lol Stoner just has to pop in and say something doesn't he? The guy hasn't been on a Ducati or with them in over 2 years and he is talking as if he was there through it all.

We'll see how much "changing your riding style" will work for Ben, Dovi, and Iannone. It sure has fuck hasn't worked for Nicky. Why doesn't Stoner tell him to change his style? Clearly he's getting sub par results over the last 4 years. That's right, it's Stoner. He will do his level best to take pot shots at Rossi even if he's not relevant.

#742 ·
So, let me get this straight. . .
Moaner left MotoGP because he hated all the swirling rumours and bitching at everyone and anyone from everyone and anyone.

and now he spends his spare time bitching at everyone and anyone about MotoGP?

Dafuq?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.