Sport Bikes banner

My favorite is

MotoGP round 18 Valencia 11/11/2012 *SPOILERS*

8K views 111 replies 25 participants last post by  ZorroX 
#1 ·
So, this is the last race of the 2012 MotoGP race season. Here's the highlights from my perspective.

--Lorenzo is the champ. Will he race very hard this round?
--Pedrosa is once again 2nd at the end of the year. He sure has been strong lately, though
--Stoner finishes his motorcycle racing career this round. Will he go out with a "W"?
--Rossi end his 2 year nightmare with Ducati this round. Can I get an amen?

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#17 ·
With stoner retiring, that moves rossi one step closer to the podium. I see a replay of 2010 and walls going up in the garages.

#20 · (Edited)
JLo has a big ego. He isn't going to care about already winning the championship. He will race all out to beat Stoner one last time. Especially after getting his crap pushed in at Phillip Island. I mean, it is his last opportunity to race Stoner.

Pedro is pissed he crashed out, he will go hard too. Ego.

It is Stoner's last. Big ego there too. He will probably either win or crash out I am thinking. Unless he just has no where near the pace of either JLo or Pedro.

In short, the championship being decided isn't going to change anything IMO. All of these guys want to stomp all over each other one last time this season.

#36 ·
JLo has a big ego. He isn't going to care about already winning the championship. He will race all out to beat Stoner one last time. Especially after getting his crap pushed in at Phillip Island. I mean, it is his last opportunity to race Stoner.

Pedro is pissed he crashed out, he will go hard too. Ego.

It is Stoner's last. Big ego there too. He will probably either win or crash out I am thinking. Unless he just has no where near the pace of either JLo or Pedro.
These 3 guys formed a good nexus amongst themselves to downplay Rossi, call it my imagination, but I think it was evident on the podium as well.

Pedro has lesser ego than the other two & I actually would root for him to win this race.

As for next year - I honestly don't think anyone can "wipe the floor" with riders like JLo, Stoner and Pedro (and I'm sure it's only a matter of time till Marc and Iannone join that list). All I hope for is to witness more of whatever made MotoGP fun to watch a few years ago.
Good to see you have sidelined Rossi like few others. I don't really understand, that why doesn't he accept this?

And yes, Stoner won't be racing next year, so its between J Lo & Dani.

Please do share the test data whenever you guys can. And maybe make a new thread as well for this.

#22 ·
#30 ·
FP1 -

1 Nicky Hayden Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:44.485
2 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:45.490
3 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:45.945
4 Andrea Dovizioso Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:46.021
5 Alvaro Bautista Honda Gresini Honda RC213V 1:46.413
6 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:46.574
7 Valentino Rossi Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:46.678
8 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:46.839
9 Randy De Puniet Aspar Team MotoGP ART 1:47.039
10 Casey Stoner Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:47.527
11 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda MotoGP Honda RC213V 1:47.825
12 Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati GP12 1:47.862
13 Katsu Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:48.110
14 Michele Pirro Honda Gresini FTR 1:48.244
15 Ivan Silva BQR BQR-FTR 1:48.918
16 Danilo Petrucci Ioda Racing Project Ioda 1:49.143
17 Hector Barbera Pramac Racing Team Ducati GP12 1:49.444
18 Colin Edwards Forward Racing Suter 1:49.748
19 James Ellison Paul Bird Racing ART 1:50.735

Nicky Hayden quickly came to terms with the conditions, posting the fastest time in the full-wet first session and the third-best in the nearly dry afternoon outing. Valentino Rossi was unsatisfied with the settings on which he started the day, so he and his team made some changes that showed promise in the afternoon and could be explored further in the case of more rain in the coming days.

#31 ·
FP2 was a wash -

1 Randy De Puniet Aspar Team MotoGP ART 1:36.965
2 Michele Pirro Honda Gresini FTR 1:37.084
3 Nicky Hayden Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:37.389
4 Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati GP12 1:37.782
5 Valentino Rossi Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:38.115
6 Danilo Petrucci Ioda Racing Project Ioda 1:38.300
7 Ivan Silva BQR BQR-FTR 1:38.304
8 Robbie Rolfo Speed Master ART 1:38.905
9 James Ellison Paul Bird Racing ART 1:39.837
10 Yonny Hernandez BQR BQR-FTR 1:40.497

Too wet for dry tires, too dry for wet tires. Most of the established MotoGP riders stayed in the garage for this wet session.

Quotes - Soup :: Friday Quote Machine From Valencia MotoGP :: 11-09-2012

#33 ·
Too wet for dry tires, too dry for wet tires. Most of the established MotoGP riders stayed in the garage for this wet session.
I've heard this story a handful of times this season...

I'm probably very naive but I actually expect/hope that this will be the best race of the season. As someone else noted, there's just too much ego at stake. Hope the top 3 have a real fight.

As for next year - I honestly don't think anyone can "wipe the floor" with riders like JLo, Stoner and Pedro (and I'm sure it's only a matter of time till Marc and Iannone join that list). All I hope for is to witness more of whatever made MotoGP fun to watch a few years ago.

//Off-topic

Btw does anyone have any idea what's this Live Test Coverage business the motogp.com guys talk about in their renewal email? Are they gonna be showing a live video feed of the tests from now on? I sent an email but no reply yet - I thought I'd ask in case anyone asked the same thing and got a response.

#35 ·
Yeah same here - I renewed an hour ago (was planning to do it regardless of test coverage) but that mention of the Live Test Coverage in their email sparked my curiosity. I'll let you guys know when they get back to me.

#41 ·
To those of you who are interested, here's the response I got from the motogp.com guys regarding the new Live Test Coverage feature:

There will be 2 hours of live coverage on Tuesday morning.

In addition, there will be daily highlights and live timing.

Kind Regards,
Not sure if that live coverage applies to the rest of the winter tests and throughout next season (I suspect it doesn't).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.