Sport Bikes banner

so i went to the store to buy milk and cold medicine....

3K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  PhilB 
#1 ·
and bought a *new* bike!!!
found this on craigslist the other day at work and called off today since i'm all stuffed up. didn't even think it was real since the ad was very short and generic.

so i've officially gone full circle after several 600s and a couple italian V-twins, i'm going back to a SV650S.

it's a 2007 with.... 382 miles! no, that's not a typo!! the thing is brand new. totally stock. heck the warning labels haven't even been peeled off. it's at a car dealership. one of the workers had bought it earlier this year as a leftover and traded it in on a car. guess he lost his butt!!

i'm planning on gsxr suspension swap as a winter project :banana

here are the pictures from the ad:

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice. Suzuki has the best shade of blue I've ever seen on a bike. IMO those pics dont do it justice. Only because I may be in the market for an SV650 or 1k, would you mind sharing what you paid for it?

#18 ·
Unconnected summed it up.

Personally, I would have gone a different circle than the OP, but he has every right to do this and I don't think it can be held as proof that he can't ride, at all.

I don't know about you, but hopping on a new (to me) bike makes me feel the opposite of a "good rider". And it's fun :)

You (serpentracer) are keen to racing, so it makes sense you ride the same bike for years, getting more and more used to it. I understand that logic and used it when riding MX (I hated switching bikes and always wanted to ride the one tuned for me). But your argument in this case is weak and unnecessary.

nico

#19 ·
thanks for the compliments guys!

and i switch bikes a lot because:
1) they're toys and i want to try as many as possible
2) if i keep something for any length of time, no one wants to buy it since they think anything with over 10k miles is "high". which is less than 2 years for me.
3) i can :)

and i'm paying $3,200 for it. not bad for a brand new bike if i must say so myself.

#20 ·
grats! that seems to be the problem i have. every time i THINK i'm gonna keep a bike forever.... something comes along to peak my interest.....but my wife now has a bit more say.... she won't let me get anything smaller than my lil 750... oh darn. and because of that... i have to keep my 750 for at least til the loan is paid off....... I'm not complaining. woooot!!!!!! if it wasn't for her, i'd have even MORE debt.... so she keeps me grounded.

GRATS ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! looks geeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwdddd!

#21 ·
and i'm paying $3,200 for it. not bad for a brand new bike if i must say so myself.
Hell no, not bad at all especially from a dealer. Hopefully I find a deal like that in the next few weeks. Really hoping for more power of an SV1k for more sport touring/2-up but for that price, I'd gladly take a 650.

#22 ·
i have to keep my 750 for at least til the loan is paid off
What?? Seriously, you "have to" keep it?? That bike is only a year or so old. I dont know how some of you guys do it. How do you really get to appreciate a bike like that in just a season or two? Eh, personal preference and priorities I guess.

I'll just be glad my next bike will be something built this century.:eek:nfloor

#23 ·
I too have an issue with buying/selling bikes a little quickly. I chalk it up to being fairly new to motorbiking and itching to try as many different bikes as possible and having a bit too much disposable income.. as the years go by and I become a more 'mature' rider I've started buying bikes with intentions of keeping them for the long haul if not forever.

As for OP... um, just thought you might wanna know someone stole your fairings. :eatsmiley jk

#28 ·
he he he he he welcome back to the dark side of the SV :D I'm surprised you sold the Tuono for the 600 and the duc and now this. But I do adore the Sv- they are truly unique fun bikes.

my stock answer for "what type of bike do you have" is now"Blue" knowing that the glossy look covers everyone's eyes when I start by saying SV 650 and it's a twin... they just don't get it. :)

congrats on your purchase!

#30 ·
no i love the 600s. well the '05 R6 was kinda boring.
i've just kinda realized that a 600 is way more capable than me since i'm slow as crap and i'm trying to have the nicest bike i can without tying up a ton of money.

thats one of the reasons i got rid of the Tuono... didn't like having that much money tied up in a toy. so if i can have a brand new bike for $3k that sounds good for me. and i'll have money to burn for mods hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.