Sport Bikes banner

The 2012 MotoGP News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 906 replies 59 participants last post by  Max Deutch 
#1 ·
#2 ·
good idea man. 3/4 of the posts will be from you, and the other quarter will be people saying thanks to you.

But hell, good idea, and,

Thanks!

#6 ·
how about you just post some of the articles on here, so i can read it from my phone.

#8 ·
#10 ·
MotoGP Rule Changes As Expected: Rookie Rule, Single-Bike Scrapped, But Restrictions On Factory Bikes Introduced | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

Rookie Rule - Gone
Single Bike Rule - Gone
Carbon Brake Rule - Gone
Factory Bike limit - Approved (2 factory, 2 satellite)
Engine Bore/Stroke Freeze - Approved (will likely hurt Ducati)
Not true on the carbon brakes. The proposal was to ban non-ferrous materials, but was rejected.

FIM said:
A proposal to ban the use of non ferrous materials for MotoGP class brake discs was rejected.

#23 ·
I don't want to beat up on Nicky, because he really seems like a supremely awesome guy all around, but when he talks about Cal having to work hard on the Yamaha to beat him at Assen, that seems really short-sighted...after all, Cal has been routinely beating Nicky up for most of the season, and Cal is still recovering right now.

So yeah, maybe Cal had to fight a lot to race with Nicky this past weekend, but for the rest of the season, he's been generally fighting a good bit in front of Nicky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.