Sport Bikes banner

Your sentental favorite

MotoGP round 6 Silverstone 06/17/2012 *SPOILERS*

8K views 148 replies 29 participants last post by  Max Deutch 
#1 ·
So, a few stories are emerging as the season goes on.

--Jorge's Yamaha has turned out to be the best bike on the grid. And while Casey is still the fastest rider, Jorge has the more complete package right now.
--In the first 5 races, Jorge has not finished lower than 2nd, winning 3 of the 5
--Casey has won twice, but finished off the podium last race. This is significant.
--Jorge leads by 20 points over Stoner with Pedrosa close behind
--Spies looked good last race, so let's hope he's more patient this week and battles for a podium
--Don't look now, but Rossi is in 6th place and isn't that far away from 4th. I really hope to see him causing grief and battling for higher spots

I'm sure there's more, so let's hear it!

See less See more
#11 ·
^^ What new layout?

In other news, FP1 is in progress. Track is wet but it isn't raining ATM. Also apparently Abraham crashed during the official test last week so he's sitting out this race (hand injury). My bad if that's already covered.

#14 ·
2 ducs on top in the rain.

#16 ·
How To Do A Rain Dance

1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.
2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you
don't run into anything.
3. Spin around in clockwise circles.
4. Make up your own rain chant. It should be rhythmical
and easy to say fast.
5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.
6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in
counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.

Rossi's next special helmet should have a Native American headdress and/or rain dance imagery.

#18 · (Edited)
Well, MotoGP FP2 starts in 20 minutes. Track is 100% dry and sun is out. One thing I just noticed is that the fastest MotoGP lap in the rain is the same as the fastest Moto3 lap in the dry (on this track at least). Thought I'd share this keen and useful observation.

#28 ·
Yeah, I'd say FP2 really doesn't mean a lot. I suspect people were all running different compounds because of the rain, and nobody did very many laps at all.

Spies is looking good, though.... at least in the dry. Those Ducatis love wet weather, though.

Even if they change the design of the bike to get it to work in the dry, they should keep this setup/engine config around for rain racing. Seems to work great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.