Sport Bikes banner

New Bridgestone S20 tire

6K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Tony216 
#1 ·
#12 · (Edited)
the 003rs is way above the q2. it's more like dunlops's gpa's, metzeler race tec, pirelli super corsa, and michelin power pure's. it's a track tire you can use on the street basically.

they have a bt-16 pro out now. I just bought a set to try.
I still miss the bt-002rs. god that tire was the shit. I liked it more than the 003rs

#6 ·
My prediction is it will feel just like the BT-016 Pro, with decent feel, good stability, non-twitchy progressive turning, and poor treadlife (like most hypersports). I have kinda become a Bridgestone guy, having tried Dunlops and Metzlers; had the BT-016 OEM, 016 aftermarket, 016 Pro, now looking to try the S20's soon. Looks like they have done away with the (3LC-5Zone) Std 016 tread since the 016 Pro (2LC-3Zone) , and are continuing this trend with the S20.

#7 ·
The bridgestone website would make a good drinking game. Have to take a drink every time they say Moto GP

Reactions: Aerythus
#11 ·
Good to know, its a fantastic tire especially for the price. The way it would slide on corner exit was super confidence inspiring, kind of like hey whats going on, i think i'm sliding, yup sliding, well this is allright. Just so much feedback.

I'm not fast enough to get that kind of feedback out of a race tire, not yet at least.

#17 ·
I have done tons of research on tires, and this is why I have stayed with the bridgestone 'hypersport' line. Mostly well liked for street use with good stiffness, but not too stiff, good feedback, good grip, reasonable comfort, and now good wet traction with the silica compounds.

The professional reviews call the 016 a 'predictable' tire, no suprises, and consistent behavior from new to bald, this has been my experience so I am not really motivated to change. I have read a couple of things about the Q2 and Pures that kept me from trying those. For intermediate pace street riding, I believe the Bridgestone hypersport tire line works very well.

#23 ·
no idea but given that i'm pretty much certain theres a considerable price difference i'd just stay with the 2ct. I cant imagine needing more performance on the street then what those offer.

#30 ·
My tire pressure gauge was broke, and I wound up over-inflating them. :(

They didn't even last a weekend because of it. So, I had no valuable experience with them. Actually, the only Bridgestones I've owned in the past eight or nine years besides the slicks were the tires that came stock on my 636. I wasn't particularly fond of them.

But tires are like everything else, it's kind of whatever you feel comfortable with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.