Sport Bikes banner

Winner is

MotoGP final round Valencia 11/06/11 **SPOILERS**

8K views 166 replies 35 participants last post by  Max Deutch 
#1 ·
I don't usually post race threads until Wednesday or Thursday, but since it's the last race of the season, I figured one day early won't hurt...Plus it gives us something to talk :D

So, Stoner has the championship, and this race dosen't really have a lot of significance as there are really only 2 decent battles going on...The first is between Pedrosa and Dovizioso (only 4 points separate them) and the other is Rossi and Hayden (only 7 points separate them)...The other interesting note is 36 year old Josh Hayes riding in this race for the injured Colin Edwards...

So, here we go...

--Stoner is champ and his win totals and podiums this year have only been matched by a few in the history of GP
--Lorenzo changed his number to 1 this year, and I hope he enjoyed it while it lasted, 'cuz it's going bye bye
--Dovi loved Marco and will be wearing the #58 on the chest of his leathers for the race...He'll also be battling Pedro for 3rd place in the points race
--Pedrosa is still healing from all his injuries, but he's still one of the strongest riders on the grid...I hope he and Dovi go at it on the track
--Spies is right where he's been all year, 5th place
--Rossi and Hayden will be battling for points to see who finishes ahead of the other...Will Nicky pull something out of his ass and beat Rossi?
--Josh Hayes will be riding the Tech 3 Yamaha in place of the injured Colin Edwards
--This will be the final race ever for the great racer Loris Capirossi

The rest are irrelevant...

See less See more
#6 ·
Of course I'll watch it. But I'm not excited anymore. The championship is decided. Most of the top spots are locked in. And there's a huge void in the grid. But I will definitely be watching.

Edwards won't be there, and Josh Hayes is about to take a plunge into the deep end.

This is Loris Capirossi's very last GP race in a truly iron man GP career. This guy has been in GP racing 22 years, almost since some of these riders were born - 125s, 250s, 500s, 990s, 800s. Recent events will probably overshadow Loris' final GP appearance, but he should be honored. He has nine wins, 42 podiums, and 10 poles in 500/MotoGP. He has 29 wins, 99 podiums, 41 poles, and three world championships in all GP classes. In his career, he raced for Aprilia, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Ducati. He scored Ducati's first ever win in MotoGP.

Let's hope for an injury-free event for all involved.

#7 ·
I agree with JK. I will be watching but not with the jitter of a crackhead anymore. I hope it isn't too difficult for me to watch the final race for the season. Honestly i don't care who wins or what position they come in. I'm more interested in the tributes for Simoncelli.

I wish i could choose Super Sic one last time in the poll :(

#9 ·
I'll definitely watch, love it too much not to, even if the outcome doesn't matter. Capirossi's last race will make it worth watching. And I want to see the tribute to Super Sic.

I tried to watch the Phillip Island race again a few days ago and only got as far as where they showed who qualified where (that grid with the names and faces of the riders in order) and had to turn it off. I'm counting on this next race to provide the necessary closure so I can watch old races without getting too down.

#13 ·
Christ 14 GP bike bouncing off the limiter......

Bring your ear plugs that is going to be loud as fuck.

#14 ·
Considering the apparent army of artists and designers he has at his disposal for his gear, I'm sure Rossi will have something pretty amazing, somewhere on his leathers or his bike - or both - to honor Marco, given how close they were.

#18 ·
On a note back to the race, I really think Pedrosa will take this one, he has a very good record on this track.

#24 ·
Reactions: L8 Braker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.