Sport Bikes banner

Opinions on a few bikes I am considering..

5K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  BoHeck 
#1 ·
I currently am riding a GS500F. This bike is just a bit smal for me and am looking to upgrade. I have owned many bikes in the past from a springer softail to a BMW r100rt and many sportbikes in between. So experience is there. I am finally financially recovered from a nasty divorce to the point where I can get into something a bit more ballsy. The little GS is a great commuter but I need a bit more power...

Anyway...
I am considering the following bikes: (please give your detailed opinions as far as pros and cons._:

1. Ducati Monster 696+
2. Honda Intercepter (07 Anniversary model if I can get it)
3. Suzuki GSX650F
4. Triumph speed triple

I have a bad back so I need to sit more upright, but still want to be able to a bit of leanin. Also want to be able to use bags sometimes....Opinions please...any other bike suggestions. (remeber need to instal risers or need a stock more upright riding position than your traditional sport bike.

Thanks!

See less See more
#51 ·
Here is my take:

The 6th gen VFR as mentioned is a somewhat 'boring' bike. It is very refined, perhaps too much. Doesn't have the character that the 5th gen does which is why I'm riding a 10 year old VFR when I had an '03.

It is great on the freeway and composed in the twisties. Someone did mention the riding position. It is not a cruiser! It is not a tourer. It is a heavy, more comfortable sportbike. Think of it that way.

As for your choices, it really depends on your style of riding. The concours and FJR are *BIG* bikes, true sport tourers. The VFR as mentioned leans more towards the sporty side of things. I've done the naked thing and they are fun but tiring on longer rides.

There is no perfect bike. I might actually go busa in your shoes if the power and weight aren't too much. But then again it fits me and my riding style well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.