Sport Bikes banner

Is this a good rear stand?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  thumpertwin 
#1 ·
#2 ·
takedown? as in collapsible??? NO WAY!!! You want a stand made out of a single piece of thick walled tubing. Spend the extra money. You'll be glad you did.

#8 · (Edited)
Just picked up a Rear stand from (www.flyncycle.com) Motorcycle Lifts, Stands, Swingarm Stands & Ramps
for 54.00 shipped, seems to be a nice stand and sturdy. They have a front and rear stand set for 80.00. And yes it is adjustable.
And for Dan the handle being able to remove the handle will not effect how sturdy the stand is.

Edit: oops lol and the only thing I did not like about the stand in question was the way it attached, thus my choice.

#10 ·
apparently a lot of the people posting to this thread aren't reading the ad, or looking at the rather large hi-res picture. Just because it has 2 pins on each side doesn't neccessarily mean it's a front stand, and it says nothing about being a front or rear stand in the ad. If you look closely the stand does collapse. On each side there is a seam just behind that bolt with the big fender washer. That bolt goes through the outer tube and an inner sleeve to hold each side to the handle. If you look on the handle side you can even see the plug welds that hold the sleeves in place.

It doesn't appear to be the best stand in the world but it'll work. Honestly I think most people go way over kill on their stands. Pitbull stands are nice, but you really dont need 2" steel tube to support one end of a 400lb bike. I build competition roll cages out of smaller stuff than that, and the cars I build weigh 3-4000lbs and end up on their roofs pretty often.

#11 · (Edited)
It's important that he call to ask the width of the stand. If it is a front stand then it may not be wide enough to handle the rear swing arm. The pendulum style swing plates are those of a front stand.

Here is another one: J&P Cycles® Harris Performance Front Universal Paddock Stand

They make the handle on that one so you can jack the bike up and leave it that way to work on it without tripping over the stand all the time. I think it's a good idea, actually, if you've got a shop that doesn't have a lot of working room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.