Sport Bikes banner

KTM 1190 RC8 Coming state side!!!

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  YNOT600 
#1 ·
Editorial Note: KTM North America's Christy LaCurelle told Roadracingworld.com that no announcements regarding KTM's 2009 AMA Pro road racing plans will be made at Mid-Ohio.
From a press release issued by KTM North America:

Amherst, OH –KTM North America, Inc. is proud to reveal the KTM 1190 RC8 for the first time in North America at the AMA Superbike round August 1-3, 2008, at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

This unveiling at the Lexington, Ohio-based racing facility comes on the heels of the announcement of KTM being named the Official Motorcycle of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School.

“Mid-Ohio is the perfect place to reveal the KTM 1190 RC8 as KTM has most recently been announced as the Official Motorcycle of this prestigious racing facility,” commented KTM’s Street Line Product Manager, John Hinz. “Additionally, the track hosts one of the largest and most well attended events on the AMA Superbike Championship’s annual calendar.”

The KTM 1190 RC8 will be on display at the AMA Superbike race alongside the entire line of KTM street motorcycles. KTM has always made innovation one of its hallmarks and the RC8 has the true genetic stamp of all KTM machines when it comes to performance, handling excellence and cutting edge design.

KTM To Make North American Introduction Of 1190 RC8 This Weekend At Mid-Ohio News Article // RoadracingWorld.com
:banana

#3 ·
No fair. That's about all I have to say about that. :(

#8 ·
Sounds awesome, I can't wait.

#13 ·
Now where did I leave that spare $20k laying around?

I love the look of that bike. I can't get anything for at least 3 more years but right now it's between the RC8 and the V4 aprilia.

#15 ·
Wifes cousin had a RC8 for the weekend. He works at KTM in Amherst. It was one of 4 in the county. About 12 of us went for a 150 mile ride on Sunday. The bike was badass. It looked and sounded incredible. I was behind him for about 50 miles and the it just sounded so sweet. I can only imagine what it's like with the exhaust uncorked.

Everytime we stopped people were asking about it. From what he said, they wanted some miles on it and he needed a bike for the weekend, so they gave that one to him. It was supposed to go to Mid Ohio yesterday. I have no idea how that went. He never got on it really hard, but you could see that it pulled like a beast! It stayed really composed thru turns. It was great to see, I wish I had a chance to ride it, but he never offered and I wouldn't ask. But at some point, I'm sure I will, right after they put a $19,000 authorization on my Visa!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.