Sport Bikes banner

SV1000s MPG???

12K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DoWorkSon 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Can any one give me an idea of the gas mileage I can expect with a 2005 SV1000? I plan on commuting 4 days a week at 80 miles and since I owned a TL1000R a few years ago which seldom saw 40 mpg; I'm curious. Also, does the SV require premium gas? The TL did. Thanks and stay safe, STN

#2 ·
I'll answer again and add some details. Out having fun, I get about 36-38 mpg on 87 Octane which is what Suzuki recommends for the sv1k. You might get a little better commuting at reasonable speeds. I love the bike BTW.

#7 ·
I regularly get 52 mpg on the interstate at a constant 80 mph on my '03 sv1k. It's essentially stock except for the free mods.

I do commute on it a lot, if it's not raining I'm riding. I regularly get 40-45 mpg enjoying myself. The worst I've seen is 36, and I was riding the snot out of it. :banana

#8 ·
wow, never thought I'd hear about litre twins getting over 45 mpg haha. My old Aprilia and current RC51 get ~35ish on a good day (ie, not too much throttle twisting), and have been known to dip down into the 25-28 range when doing aggressive street riding.

#9 ·
All,
Sad, sad news...I was going to pick up my SV1000s this past Sat. morning and I emailed the dude that had it Friday night to make sure we were still on track. SOLD!!! This guy and I had agreed on the price, set the date for pickup and had spoke on the phone mutiple times yet he sold it right out from under me. I guess he was really hurting for money and if that is the case, I can deal with it.
Now the good news...I bought a 2003 Honda 919. Low miles, one owner that looks new plus new tires. Price? Can you dig 4,500.00? Not as cool as a SV or TL twin but the flat black paint looks so bitchn'. More updates and photos to come. Thanks, STN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.