Sport Bikes banner

Isn't it Nice Being the "Odd Ball" On a Sport Bike?

898 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  jk750 
#1 ·
This Weekend was the Official Kick off of Spring for us here in New Hampshire. And if you have a Bike, You rode it. Let me tell you, I now believe that the Cruiser/Touring Market DOMINATES the Motorcycle world here in NH. The gear was in the most part, a Bearded Middle aged Guy with a T-Shirt, Sneakers, and a Bandana. On the Back was his Girl Friend/Wife with the same, only Prettier. Here I come Parading down the road on my Sport Bike, being the Odd ball with my Gixxer, in a Full Faced Helmet, a Textiled Jacket, Riding Boots, Gloves, and Riding Jeans. Mind you I have been at this Street Riding Game for a little over 18 years now, and I think that it's just getting worse. Personally, I LOVE being the odd ball. I am not riding a Cookie Cutter Bike that makes Nll for Horse Power. I am out for the sheer passion of the ride, and I love it when one of the Cruiser Guys' Girls asks me just how fast my Bike will go. Usually I reply with a "Get yourself a Helmet and let's go see :banana " LOL!!! Keep the Rubber Side Down my Friends!!!

#2 ·
I experienced the same today for the most part. Nothing but cruiser guys out until later when I saw 2 guys on sport bikes riding together. I thought "cool, maybe I'll ride with them". Then they pulled up next to me, one at a time, staring at me and did their best wheelie (which was less than steller) then took off. I heard the first guy who was next to the car in front of me revving the shit out of his new CBR, pinging off the rev limiter and staring at the passengers. Of course they were in their squid uniforms as well.

So I decided I would ride alone.

#5 ·
i don't feel nearly as odd while im around the bike... its off the bike that matters...

in this picture, i rode to the bank like this (with a helmet of course). It was middle of winter, nobody was on a bike. I put my helmet on the helmet lock and procedded into the bank with my black bandana and sunglasses on... carrying my backpack in hand...

once i went inside the looks from the people inside were not good and i realized that it didn't occur to them at all that i came on a bike...

from then on, i carry my helmet when doing errands dressed like this...

it saves peoples underwear...

~mikeym

Attachments

#6 ·
^^^BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I definitely would have been watching you. :lol

I really don't feel all that unique whenever I'm out on the R6, actually feel a little cookie cutter. I've raced Austrian motorcycles for fifteen years though, so it was always kind of fun to pull up to the line on the only thing not of the big four.

I can't wait until I can afford a Super Duke to ride on the street. That'll stand out. :D

#8 ·
I went on a poker run yesterday, one of those earliest out/latest out and latest in. I cannot say that I was the only sport bike as I was actually one of two sport bikes there. Yes, thats right, my wife went on her first poker run with me yesterday and did great! We rode 160 miles total in all and she did great, longest trip to date for her and 90% on the highway. She was on her VTR250 and I made it a point to get her to give that thing the gas to get going, she ran the speed limit with ease, even passed a F150 with me on the way home.

As for the other riders, I didn't expect muc in the way of sport bikes, it was put on by a Goldwing Rider's chapter and was mostly wings with about a dozen cruisers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.