Sport Bikes banner

KTM 990 Superduke, anyone?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  olds_cool 
#1 ·
Hello, all;

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the KTM 990 Superduke and what are their impressions? (Sorry...there was no area set up for KTM so I'm posting here). I read an article on the 990 SD in one of the magazines a few weeks ago. Last week I was in El Paso and stopped at a dealer who had one in all black. It's even more impressive in "person" and has a good fit and feel, although I didn't get a chance to test-ride.

Now for some background to alleviate the usual responses. I currently ride a 250 "sportbike" for commuting (off-brand..I wanted to be different) but I'm no newbie. Been riding 26 years, bikes as big as the Honda GW . I also have a custom cruiser (I did all the work) and plan to build a chopper later this year (neither of which is important since this is a sportbike forum, just letting you all know I wrench, too). So what am I trying to avoid? Being told to go with one of The Big 4. See, I like the Japanese bikes very much, some of the best bikes in the world. However, because I really want something different (something you don't see everyday), the KTM really appeals to me.

So, if I don't get the chopper done this year (I ride any kind of bike), I may be looking harder at the KTM. So, if anyone has any info on this cool looking bike, I'd appreciate any info! Thanks in advance, dudes and dudettes!

See less See more
#3 ·
You will like it.
I want one. Been waiting it to come here since it was introed in Europe years ago.
Never heard a bad thing said about them. They are mad bikes. Well made and plain very cool. Shame about the high price but they are worth it IMO.
Since my Aprilia is still so good I can't justify a new bike yet. But if I were to get one tomorrow it would be the KTM or a tuono.
here's a reviewhttp://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4362&Page=1

#7 ·
i would love to have one of them. i was at a dealer today talking to the sales man and he said they're going to priced at around $13k and you can get a carbon fiber one for another $2k .......spendy but HOT!!

#8 ·
Yeah...a bit tall and pricey, but it's got a good look to it. It's definitely on the list if I decide to buy vs. build an additional bike. I GOTTA see about a test ride! I just checked and there's a dealer here in Denver (they don't do test rides, tho). Maybe I'll swing by on the way to work tomorrow and grab a brochure and snap a few pics .

#13 ·
So, I stop by the stealership to see if they had any 990 SD's. They had 2. One was the standard Black/Orange, the other was Black/Charcoal...which was sold. I had to get some seat time on each. It's tall...I'm 5'11" and can barely flatfoot it. I'll tell ya, tho...that bike is truely gorgeous! I pciked up a brochure so I can just stare at it! hahhhahahaha! Now, if the stealership would only do test rides...those bastards! hahahhahahhahahhaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.