Sport Bikes banner

New addition to the family

1K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  incubus182 
#1 ·
Been looking for one of these locally forever! People around here hate to get rid of them unless they're thrashed. Just picked her up a couple of days ago for a little over $6500. '02 Gsxr1000, 2600mis., full HMF exaust, power commander, MINT. Not a scratch on her. Bike was also sold with stock exaust. That HMF is LOUD!!! I may switch back to stock (I must be growing out of my squid phase :) ) Anyone have the HMF? I will miss my seven but it feels good to be back in the game. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Litigy said:
Congrats, Looks great.

Is the bike's feel much different than your 7? I'm sure it is. Just wondering how ya like/dislike the differences.

Edit: How is it an addition to the family...? You sold the other member...
It feels alot lighter than the seven and the throttle response is alot sharper. Steering is very responsive but it doesn't have the rail-like feeling in the curves like my seven did. I was worried about the reach to the bars but it is just as comfy if not more.

#5 ·
Man that it was clean 02!!! congrats!!

#6 ·
:dblthumb CONGRATS!!! Nice looking bike bro!

#8 ·
I'd say you got a good deal on that bike. Congrats!

#10 · (Edited)
jeepcoma said:
Looks nice. I notice you took out the "go green or go home" line from your sig. So much for brand loyalty! Haha, enjoy the ride.
I have a passion for all of the big four bikes (yamahondakawazuki), cause lets face it, they all kick ass. Just some in different ways than others. I was seriously considering a zx-12, but the gix was just a better deal. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

#11 ·
Big_Poser said:
Sweet bike, just wondering what the owner before you (or you) did to the rear fender? Looks like it is just sawed or cut further up? If thats the stock fendor it looks clean, dont even need an aftermarket plate braket. :phatyo
It looks like he cut the stock fender and relocated the plate bracket. Looking for an undertail on ebay now. :)

#19 ·
Love the bike! Congrats!

#24 ·
Hey Congrats Man!! I also just picked up a GSXR1000 but a 2001, 16k (km)
and done to the nutz. Have FUN!!
Cheers :cheers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.