Sport Bikes banner

What bike for height?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Stang Man 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a new bike. I want a 600 cc streetbike either GSXR, YZF, CBR, or even a ZX6R. My only drawback is i'm 6' 5". which one of these would be set up more for a taller person? i prolly won't go with brand new but am looking at '02 and up. Thanks!!

#3 ·
I am 6'3" and I may look a little big on my CBR (same dimensions as a 600ss) but I can tuck into it pretty well. You will not have a problem because of your size, and if anyone is telling you different, screw em'.

Maybe try a dual sport like a Kawasaki KLR 650, or the new Suzuki DRZ 400sm

Supermoto kicks ass, and the dirt/street dual sports are taller and a little more user friendly.

Attachments

#7 ·
Tall guys like me, also 6'5, look a little goofy on supermotos but damn they are fun. Go for it. My Husqvarna 450 can pretty much destroy the DRZ-SM in every way, except for maintenance. If you don't like 1,000 mile oil changes and possible fiddling, get the DRZ. If you like exotic speed made by Cagiva in Italy, get a Husqvarna. For a beginner though, I would go with the DRZ. Really fun bikes and off-roading should be an option with another tire/wheel combo.

#11 ·
I'm 6'3" on my super motard. Its not the height thats the problem, but I weigh 250 (damn weightlifting!) and the stock 625 rear suspension feels kinda soft for my liking!

Fun bike though...can't wait to throw some slicks on it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.