Sport Bikes banner

Will dropping your bike multiple times tweak frame?

989 views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  bodydropcbr6 
#1 ·
Even if it's below 2mph?

Or even at a dead stop?

I've dropped my 600f2 three times already... two when the bike stalled on me, the third when my boot heel got caught in the peg.

Always on the right side of the bike... can that throw the bike off balance so that it won't ride straight anymore?

I have no frame sliders

Thanks

#2 ·
It all depends if the frame absorbs the impact. That's very likely if you don't have frame sliders. My guess is how hard it drops, like if you just guide it down then it should be okay. Now if it tips over with full momentum then the frame might get a nice hit.

#5 ·
actually no, what hits the ground is the "bump" on the lower fairing where the stator would be ...were it on that side of the bike.

and the mirrrors.

you bet I'm glad this is an old bike... you guys are so right! :)

I'm also glad my leathers are used... only a hundred bucks.

#6 ·
You need to take that thing over to the streets by the drag strip and pratice practice practice.There's not that much traifc there on the weekend and since there quite a few little streets around there,you'll gain the needed skills for ridding that thing around the cities.

#7 ·
thanks alaska.

yes this f2 has gotten a beating since I've owned her.

it's sad because the previous owner never dropped her.

I have trouble at low speeds which is why I like to take it to the parking lot and do weaves, u-turns and stuff.

Still have trouble when the bike is taking off at too great an angle....which I shouldn't be doing anyway I guess

#8 ·
Explain this to great an angle.

#12 ·
ok heres the deal with my F2 i beat the hell out of it when i practice ive droped her seriously over 100 times and a few flipped her through the dirt at some higher speeds and she still rides just like the day i got her never had to straighten the frame or repair it or anything so every bike i think is diffrent and the way i see it if it aint broke and still rides right dont worry about it the F2 is a great bike nice and strong

#14 ·
MT your the best, I love your honesty with everything that happens to you:cheers

As for the frame I don't think you did anything that would have hampered it. But I guess it can't hurt to have it checked out if it's going to give you some piece of mind.

#18 ·
bodydropcbr6 said:
ok heres the deal with my F2 i beat the hell out of it when i practice ive droped her seriously over 100 times and a few flipped her through the dirt at some higher speeds and she still rides just like the day i got her never had to straighten the frame or repair it or anything so every bike i think is diffrent and the way i see it if it aint broke and still rides right dont worry about it the F2 is a great bike nice and strong
Over a hundred times!!??? Holy shit.

#20 ·
thanks Rascus for the offer man... wait till my ankle heals and I'lll bring her over.

yes I have nothing to hide mj31, can't fool myself what's the point? I'm no great rider for sure.

thanks for the replies guys. yeah I think it's a steel frame bike. quite heavy.

#25 ·
hozhead said:
MT - I'm gonna second (or 31st) the frame slider point - they save your butt (and bike).

Tweak the frame? Depends on where you drop it from. Today, one of my friends launched his 600RR up a mountain hillside (flew 25ft+) and, while the front wheel is toast, the frame is peachy).
Damn that's nuts!

As for the sliders...I may put it I'm not sure.

This bike is a "low budget" project...if things get to pricey then I'll sell it.

But I will always get another bike.

Also, I'm trying to join the police academy and if I get in, the bike goes into storage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.