Sport Bikes banner

I'm back from my cross country trip: Act V

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jrevans 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Another great trip!

Great read again. I've been reading from the first trip, and I'm still amazed at your expeditions.

Good thing your buddy broke down only a day away and had a friend with a trailer to come get the bike.

I hope to read one of these years that you've picked up some quality gear from Aerostich or somewhere similar and did not end up with wet hands, feet and body! :)

Someday I should take a long trip on my FZ6, but I'm not sure if I would be doing the camping thing. Then again, that might be the only accommodations available in some of those places.

#6 ·
Great read again. I've been reading from the first trip, and I'm still amazed at your expeditions.

Good thing your buddy broke down only a day away and had a friend with a trailer to come get the bike.

I hope to read one of these years that you've picked up some quality gear from Aerostich or somewhere similar and did not end up with wet hands, feet and body! :)

Someday I should take a long trip on my FZ6, but I'm not sure if I would be doing the camping thing. Then again, that might be the only accommodations available in some of those places.
Yeah, we "lucked" out with where he broke down. Both the location and where it happened in the trip.

I generally stay dry with my riding gear (it's a 10 year old Joe Rocket Alter Ego set). On its own it wasn't waterproof (it comes with a waterproof inner liner that leaked). Even if the liner was water tight, it was a silly design because even if you were dry, your jacket would be holding a gallon of water. Plus, I froze since the cold water was just hitting that liner, which was against the skin. An LL Bean rain jacket and Walmart rain pants took care of both issues. That said, I do think about getting an Aerostitch someday, I just wish my weight stayed the same (and the price a bit lower)! I will be revisiting the glove and boot situation though before the next riding season.

#7 ·
I recommend Olympia/Fieldsheer/Firstgear over the overpriced Stich.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.