Sport Bikes banner

Review + pic's: Specter Cam mount

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kevinmcdade 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with the specter cam stand for mounting any AV equipment on the bike.

First the pic's:

Review:
Ordered it from ebay after a tip on a dutch motorcycle board where it got a good review. Ordered it and after a couple of days i got it in my mailbox (shipped from US to EU).

Opened the package and everything to mount it is in the package. Even different sizes of screws to make sure it all fits. It is really easy to install. Just unscrew the original ones and screw the mount with the supplied screws in place. Even the little screw to secure the cam is included. I fastened the cam with only the supplied little screw and wrapped the shoulderstrap around it for extra "security". Took it for a spin and was amazed when i saw the footage afterwards. Very clear, vibration free image. The cam didn't move an inch so i wanna give this a 5* review.

On the pic I've added some tape on the top of the mount to prevent damaging the bottom of the cam. I've also added some tape to the base to prevent scratching the paint (not that it does but just for extra safety).

I'll try to upload a small pic on the board when i get my rendering software back up and running :mad:

If people are interested i will post up the link to the ebay auction (if it is still on).

I've paid 56€ incl shipping while similar systems cost almost double...

See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty cool....you just need to clean that shield so you can actually see the video you are taping.

#4 ·
I bought the same cam mount and agree 100%...it is a great product for a great price!!! I paid $54 for it and it is the same, if not better, than the ones you see for $100. I used it on a 100 mile ride this weekend and it takes great footage and holds the camera very securely once it is tightened down. I probably won't edit my footage until I get a full tape but I will post as soon as I get around to editing.

Attachments

#9 ·
Pretty Kewl. Thanks for the review. Right before I moved from florida I mounted a Sony Ex-view Bullet Camera to my FZ6. The Sony Bullet Camera I got is a little pricier than most, but it has the highest resolution (uses 3 CCDs), and is very good in low light (.1 Lux). If you don't plan on using it in low light, you can get one a little bit cheaper. To record the video I am using an Archos AV120, which natively records in DivX format. I stashed it under the seat. It was a pretty kewl setup, because it was pretty much hidden. When I trailed the bike from Florida to KC, I disconnected it all. I'll have to get it all hooked back up and post some pics for you guys.

#10 ·
jcaesar625 said:
Pretty Kewl. Thanks for the review. Right before I moved from florida I mounted a Sony Ex-view Bullet Camera to my FZ6. The Sony Bullet Camera I got is a little pricier than most, but it has the highest resolution (uses 3 CCDs), and is very good in low light (.1 Lux). If you don't plan on using it in low light, you can get one a little bit cheaper. To record the video I am using an Archos AV120, which natively records in DivX format. I stashed it under the seat. It was a pretty kewl setup, because it was pretty much hidden. When I trailed the bike from Florida to KC, I disconnected it all. I'll have to get it all hooked back up and post some pics for you guys.
That is a great setup! That's what I originally wanted and will eventually get. Due to expenses for my other hobbies (nitro R/C, and road cycling) I couldn't affort to spend that much on a cam setup for my bike. I plan on getting a setup like that by the end of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.