Sport Bikes banner

Krauser K-Wing / Givi PLX side rack pics?

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  krushchev 
#1 ·
I have been looking at getting some hard side bags for some time. I currently have the Yamaha top rack and 44 Liter top case. I had been waiting for some side bags I really liked when the the Givi PLX side cases came out. The only problem with them is they do not make a fit kit for the FZ6 so you must use the Givi monolock top rack as well. I really dislike the Givi top rack (although it is far stronger in design then the Yamaha one).

I am considering the Krauser K-wing side rack system but I have not been able to find a single picture of what they look like from the back. Im curious to know how much space is between the back of the case and the bike. They claim to be mounted very close. Does anyone have a few picture of this system on a FZ6?

And im also wondering if anyone has the Givi PLX side racks installed yet. And if you do could you take some pictures of the mounting points (pointing out what came with the top rack and what came with the side racks would be a bonus). I am considering buying the Givi PLX racks and trying to make my own mounting points for them.

Thanks! :boink

#3 ·
I have been trying to decide between Givi and Krauser as well.
This may have changed if there are new case models mounts out now, but as of a couple months ago Givi was a 'no cut' install and Krauser required cutting.
I think the Krauser has a more tidy/compact profile, but I am NOT cutting into my new baby...
If you go online to the Krauser website (all in German unfortunate if you can't read it), you can see more pics on FZ6/Fazers with bags mounted as they have been in Europe a lot longer than here.
www.krauser.de
Not sure if Bayside in Vancouver can order them in, but if so? They will beat any price you can find. If you are thinking about frame sliders or a new windscreen, worth giving them a call.
http://www.baysideperformance.com

#5 ·
rennsport said:
Krauser. Can you say UGLY?
yep. i'd go with the givi setup, but i am biased. i got the tubular sideracks and aluminum toprack, and though the bike doesn't look as sporty as stock, the lines still flow smothly and the racks aren't as obtrusive as the krauser offering.
apor

#6 ·
Ugh. That Krauser setup looks like something I made out of scrap pot metal.

Apor, I just realized that I still owe you pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.