Sport Bikes banner

2007 FZ6 tuning options, flashtune.

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Dingosis 
#1 ·
So not to get anyones hopes up but flashtune is trying to see if they can offer something for the fz6. I should know soon I'll keep everyone posted.

#2 ·
Are you looking for miracles? Your S2 has about as much power as you need for an aging commuter bike.
What are you looking for? Most newish riders want torque. If you are in that pool, get another bike. If you want more torque for better pick up, Go to a 520 chain with a gear ratio change. I put one on my '05 and was amazed at the difference. Most noticeable mod I have made. A 520 conversion kit is around 200$. Check your cush while you are in there.
An FZ6 is good for beginners that are focused on posing, and old guys that loath Harlies and just want to ride.
For a beginer the 40ish foot pounds of torgue is the right stuff for learning. Old guys that have been riding forever know that torque not really necessary once a riders skill set passes a certain level. The FZ-6 is a 600 CC engine. It is only going to produce so much torque, no matter what you do to it.
What made the reputation of the FZ-6 was it's HP and Top Speed. Handlers like a wet dream too. Under the proper conditions my FZ6 will keep up with a pack of Super Sports. Either that or the guys are cutting the old man some slack.

#3 ·
No not looking for miracles. But lets be honest are we ever happy with our toys? I started on a 1990 ex500, bought the fz 4 months later. Its a great bike. Did racetech springs already, planning on going back into it and doing emulators and the rear shock this year. I have cans already and will be putting on my cat delete this weekend. I just want to smooth out the power delivery and remove any ignition advance limitations that may be programmed into the ecu. I love my fz and really dont want to part with it. Also I just did chain and sprockets last week so 520 conversion is out of the picture. I appreciate your perspective, im not trying to make the bike something its not, I just want to have the best of whats already there.

#4 ·
Welcome to modville, where too much is never enough. I'm running M4's and and old PC3. I have the weight down to about 430 (on paper). No air box or flies mod. I really don't see how they would help. I sent the Race Tech back. It was 40 mm short of what the service manual says is the minimum. Race tech sent a pipe to make up the extra. That would mean fooling around with the sag, which is a waste of time for street riding. I bought .90 Hyper tech progressives instead. Those and changing to 10 wgt fork oil did it for me. I'm not interested in cartridge conversions because they add weight and there is no objective evidence they work better on the street. If you ride track and have to change the suspension settings for different tracks, I could see it. Maybe.
I will get her weighed this fall. I have the rear shock up 2 notches to compensate for my fat ass. She doesn't wollow when bent over so I doubt that I will fool with it. If I do it will be to put in a blue spring. I painted the chain guard/hugger the same purpleish blue to match the cowl and tank. When I put on the SS brake lines I went with blue. Blue valve stem caps just to make the blue bluer. So a blue spring would make her even bluer.

#5 ·
Yeah not a fan of the airbox mod either. I think it throws off the map sensor more than anything. I spent the time and set the sag. It was work but worth it. I have a dual bi-xenon probector retrofit, some leds underneath, belly pan, topcase, and other misc odds and ends. I love my FZ, i think its great i get 95% of the performance of a supersport but am way more confortable when cruising. Been looking at the fj09s though maybe in a year or 2. I havent heard back from flashtune yet, but they are in the process of chasing the wireing diagram so they can give me a go no-go on tuning.

#6 ·
My insurance ran me 84$ this year, same as last. When I'm being good I get over 60mpg. About 40 when I being bad. I can run with the big dogs while being bad. Yes, there a lot of 180mph bikes out there but there are not a lot of places where you can go 180 without being insane. Normal stupid fast (160 mph) is within my reach on a good day. Since that is about all the superbikes can do without running out of road, I can keep up, mostly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.