Sport Bikes banner

Leo Vince Pipes (Review and Pics)

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bryman 
#1 ·
I recently installed my Leo Vince SBK Aluminum pipes, purchased for $475 shipped from Motorcycle Exhaust and Accessories - Yoshimura Cobra Akrapovic Two brothers Scorpion Harley Exhaust Pipe Systems | Pipe City.

Packaging:

Was decent, one of the brackets for the pipes was bent all out of shape making the rubber gasket hard as heck to seat. Aside from that there wasn't so much as a scratch on the cans.

Installation:

The first thing I did was open the box and fish out the instruction booklet. To my dismay I discovered that their idea of instructions is to merely say something along the lines of: "Remove the stock exhaust. Install your new cans". I went to the Leo Vince webpage to track down more detailed instructions, which apparently they don't have. It is inexcusable to be required to go to a competitors webpage for instructions. Kudos to Two Brothers for their full color detailed instructions with pictures.

Dismantling the rear of the bike and removing the stock exhaust and cat was cake. Then the fun began. The replacement pipe for the cat went on smooth, as did the mid-pipe. Getting the two cans together was an altogether different story. The bracket that they attach to allowed almost zero room for the fender support. This piece is supposed to fit between the cans to support the rear fender/license plate assembly. We ended up having to fire up the grinder and shave about a 1/4 inch from each side to get it to fit between them. I feel that this is also inexcusable, there was absolutely no way to get the cans far enough apart to fit the support without grinding. For the cost of these kits they should arrive ready to assemble. After this we were able to reassemble the bike.

I should mention that this kit requires removal of the cat after the O2 sensor. I called Leo Vince's tech support line and they held to their promise that their system would not require remapping. The tech just said to unplug the battery for around 30 seconds before first starting the bike, then take it for a ride to let the computer relearn its fuel map.

After a week with the pipes:

They are an awesome improvement over the stock pipes in terms of sound. Down low they have a nice bass, cruising around they sound tame, but when you get on it they really wail. I wish I had a recorder of a good enough quality, my digital camera didn't catch it well enough. I feel that the trials and anguish of the install were well worth it, I just love the sound and the looks. There is no crackling or popping with acceleration and no backfiring while down-shifting. No noticeable power increase of course, but no decline either. It may just be a placebo effect, but throttle response does seem to be smoother. I feel no need to run a PC III at this time. I'm sure I am forgetting to mention something so feel free to ask questions. I hope this review helps those who are considering the pipes.

Now, on to the pics!

See less See more
#2 ·
how long did you wait for them? I ordered these almost 2 weeks ago and the dealer said I have til mid October before they will be there. I'm sure it'll be snowing by then.

I did my own exhaust on my last bike and it took a LOT of blood, sweat and tears. I was hoping these would be easier but now I'm guessing not. Sadness.

I'm happy you like them. Makes me not feel as bad about the damn wait.

#10 ·
Yea, I had the same problem with the bracket that goes between the cans. I just forced it to fit though without the grinding. Im betting you had problems getting the plastic piece to go between the two pipes as well? :)

#13 ·
With a lot of futzing, I was able to get probably about 1/8" clearance on that bracket. This system is made with such precision that you really have to take your time to adjust and install it. The only modification I had to make was an extra washer on the right can mount to get allignment correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.