Sport Bikes banner

Its official--I am a (MotoGP) official!!

929 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  DolphinGirl 
#1 ·
Credentials arrived recently for the Indy RedBull GP in September. I will be working a corner somewhere on that big new beautiful Indianapolis track.

Jealous?! btw, this gets me everywhere but into the grandstands -- but who needs a seat when I will have the best seats in da house.

As the time gets closer, be sure to post up if you are going so we can hookup or at least wave to each other. You can tell which one I am . . . one of the 200+ guys in white down on the track!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Oh ..hah! .... hah! ... hah! :neener

If == ANYONE == ANY AGE (must be at least 18) == ANY -or- NO EXPERIENCE is interested in going (even a punk like Redman :twofinger) they are very willing to have you participate.

There is a small stipend paid daily to help cover expenses, but you will not make money on this deal. I do it for my love of the sport, and to support the riders. Of course the rush of seeing these riders flashing by at 200+ mph just feet away from you .. wow!

To express your interest, contact either of the following individuals and they will give you the info:

Kathy Maleck, Chief of Flagging
kathy dot maleck at att dot net
Sandy Byrnes, Chief of Communications
sbyrnes at hrmentor dot com

... of course replace the at and dot with "@" and "."

#11 ·
You are right. But the round trip is 2,000 miles and with the price of gas, it was cheaper for me to fly. I got my ticket a few months ago for about $200. I am splitting the room with two other people so that is $20/night, and a rental car is .... get this .... $19/day. So it is not so bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.