Sport Bikes banner

MX Riders In or Near Tampa??

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Reckless01 
#1 ·
Where are you guys? I just traded sports and im gonna need some riding buds.....anyone here ride dirt? Post up and lets see some spots to ride out here :beer

#2 ·
Hit up jackingjerry, he's the man when it come's to riding dirt :). And check out Paxtraxmx.com, they have a nice big bike track they just added on, we go there often for Jer's races. I know theres some nice track's also out there where you guy's live.

#4 · (Edited)
What kind of bike do you have? MX bike or do you have a plate? If you have a plate, I can help you out with some "Sweet ass" spots.

my bike (with licence plate) :)

"The licence plate is your key to two wheeled freedom!"

EDIT: OOPS, too bad, I see you have an MX bike and a un-streetable jap bike too. Too bad man, good luck, have fun!

#8 ·
KOOL Jerry man i really dont know much about polk county, maybe you can show me around out there.....ill be bringin a buddy of mine who just got a RM250 if thats ok

#10 ·
Reckless01 said:
Oh Chris...the title reads MX riders bro :) :lao....and ill stick to my asian Zinger Vs the Thumper....this thing is SCARY fast
I have no doubts you'll come around eventually. When you end up tired of riding the same old spots and the same old jumps. Have you ridden a KTM 520 or 525? It will kick your f'in MX bike's ass brother. One day you'll remember this conversation. Hillclimbs, jumps, whatever you want baby. AND it is f'in street LEGAL! :lao

#11 ·
lol well having rode yz450f's and the honda crf450 etc i can say i dont like them. Sure they have a nice bit of torque but i still dont like them....nothing against the KTM's or their owners but i like my CR250R for the same reason i like Pepperoni on my pizza....and the same reason you like the KTM....personal prefrence:) why the hostility? take a breath man

#14 · (Edited)
www.floridatrailriders.org

check here.. also Croom is just north of Tampa,, lots of acres just for off road bikes and ATVs, but you need a spark arrestor.

I'm trying to sell my bike,, 99 Husqvarna CR125, Renthal bars, pro-circuit pipe, shorty scilencer, add on spark arrestor, carbon fiber reeds, new friction plates, almost new S-12 rear tire. asking $1200.

#15 ·
CorvetteChris said:
There are a few nice bikes for sale by some guys in my club right now including a KTM 520 for $3500. Go to www.wdsrc.com and sign up for the mailing list, or view the archives.

Here is Pual's bike for sale. http://katoom.com/ktm/
Chris, do you know if he is firm on the price or not? Does it come with any extras? I see he has a enduro computer on there is that coming with the bike?

#16 · (Edited)
He dropped it from 4000 to 3500 last week. I paid $4000 for mine almost 2 years ago. It is a deal.

EDIT: SOLD

2001 KTM 520 MXC
Florida Tag and Title
E-line Accessories Dual Sport Kit
Single owner - I have every service Record
Scott's Steering Damper - will stay with the bike if you don't talk me down
too much!
Flat Lands Bash Guard
Radiator Guards
Moose Bark Busters
After-market KTM Fan to keep her cool in the summer
New Chain and Sprocket
New Brake Pads
Freshly changed clutch and brake fluid

#18 ·
CorvetteChris said:
He dropped it from 4000 to 3500 last week. I paid $4000 for mine almost 2 years ago. It is a deal.

2001 KTM 520 MXC
Florida Tag and Title
E-line Accessories Dual Sport Kit
Single owner - I have every service Record
Scott's Steering Damper - will stay with the bike if you don't talk me down
too much!
Flat Lands Bash Guard
Radiator Guards
Moose Bark Busters
After-market KTM Fan to keep her cool in the summer
New Chain and Sprocket
New Brake Pads
Freshly changed clutch and brake fluid
Oh ok, cause I really was only looking to spend around 2500. But I would probably be able to do 3000 if he was willing...
Oh yea, and Wreckless, let me know when you want to hit up Mulberry, Bartow, or Lakeland and I will try and plan accordingly.

#19 · (Edited)
I say... "I'll leave my tagged bike and street riding for the R1." C'mon up to ONF and we can hit some major trails.

Jerry, there's also a new MX track down in Ft. Meade at Sandmountain. It's only open on Saturdays and Sundays though.

Here I am ripping it up on the 4fitty...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.