Sport Bikes banner

Buell Blast...b***** tires???

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  olds_cool 
#1 ·
Hey, gang;

Got a chance to ride a Blast. Cool little bike for basic commuting. I can get one dirt cheap. So, I was thinking if I got one, I could put b***** rims and tires to get the bike to stand a few inches or taller.

So...what do ya'll think? Possible?

#5 ·
First and foremost, is there even an appropriately sized pulley available to get the gearing back to where it needs to be? Just something to think about....

Cheers
Yeah...that's true...gotta think about that. I went over to a Buell forum to see if anyone has done it.

I'll keep y'all posted.

#6 ·
yeah, I don't know how you are going to get any sort of pulley mounted on to the back rim of whatever you decided to put on there.

I had a blast for a couple years as my first bike, and it had some stuff done to it, but when you start trying to go with b***** tires and shit it's a waste of time and money. straight up.

#7 ·
For the front, you can go a little b***** without too much work. On the rear, you're looking at a modified swing arm. Most who go that route also end up going with a chain drive. If you go a slightly b***** tire on the same rim, you may be OK. There is a common tire, I can't remember which, that many people are happy with, but you have to modify the shock mount slightly with a hammer.

#8 ·
They are fun bikes, but I wouldn't buy it if you want to mod it like that. I would just pick up something else instead. Actually, when I think about it, unless I was builind a project bike, I wouldn't buy anything that I wouldn't be happy with the way it is, because everytime I buy a bike I have all this stuff I want to do to it, but then end up keeping it stock for a year or 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.