Sport Bikes banner

Roads in AZ

21K views 77 replies 34 participants last post by  rgbeard 
#1 ·
This info is courtesy of Philbie... :beer

There are a several decent roads in AZ. Most require a bit of a drive to get to however.

1. Hwy 89 from Yarnell to Prescott.
2. Alt 89 from Prescott to Jerome.
3. Parts of Hwy 87 from Mesa to Payson.
4. Hwy 60 from Globe to Show Low.
5. Tortilla Flatts hwy 88 east of Apache Junction.
6. Mount Lemon in Tucson.
7. Kitt Peak Observatory east of Tucson.
8. Mount Graham south of Safford.
9. Hwy 191 from Clifton to Alpine
10. Hwy 180 in New Mexico and Hwy 78, completes the 230+mile loop from Clifton.

1-6 are normally patrolled with very little chance of getting out of a ticket.
7-10 are very seldom patrolled with 9 being the best road and 10 the second.

Hangouts? Mill Ave in Tempe, ASU is right next to it. The Pavillions in Scottsdale on Saturday nights. I can't remember the cross streets.

TeamAZ is the better of the two trackday outfits here locally. www.asmaracing.com is most technical track and cheapest to run.

Philbie is always looking for new riders to go to Arroyo Seco with him.

See less See more
#54 ·
I Lived In Phoenix In 1990 When I Attended Mmi. I Could Stay On Yarnell Hill All Day!!! Been Through Jerome, And Prescott. Way Better Than The Roads I Ride Here In Florida, All Straights!

#55 ·
when i came to visit arizona my uncle took me on 89 from prescott to jerome.. All i can say is WOW....heading back down the mountain i was getting a little dizzy LOL:cheers

#63 ·
Fall, winter and spring for most of the state. No idea, sure there is 1 or 2.

im in serious need of twisties as im living in iowa :pisson rt now and will be moving to phx in about 2 weeks any body know good roads and tracks to ride down there:bowdown
What part of phoenix? There are some decent roads to the north and a couple east of town. There's a few local tracks but the majority of us on this site ride out of state.:beer

#70 ·
Old thread, noob poster.

Figured I'd throw some pics in. I ride a cruiser, but I really like sportbikes(and I really like the idea of them, and what they stand for)

I hope to have something sporty soon'ish. In any case, I live in downtown Phoenix and like to ride. One of the perks of a cruiser is I can fit my gigantic camera in it.

Just gonna PB dump, some of these are close to the same shot.

#74 ·
Hey I'm from SoCal but I now live in North Phoenix off the Black Canyon Highway. Anyone wanna ride? I like canyons / twisties and I need to go find out where to go. I'm a good and experienced rider.

Maybe we can plan a Saturday or Sunday group ride to those roads above, or wherever is the place to go.

#78 ·
Saturday thinking about a ride out towards ShowLow.

The 60 out towards/past Globe is really nice.

I set up a route for the day, and it worked out to 8-hours on GoogleMaps, so I'll have to make some shortcuts. I can't quite take that much of the day on Sat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.