Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#557 ·
I doubt anything will happen with it. It is just fans venting their frustration. Even with the management change, it just seems like they fail to grasp the seriousness of the problem. Management talking about evolution rather than revolution, the riders asking for radical change and the results speaking for themselves. It appears pretty clear to everyone but the management team that something big has to happen rather quickly.

#558 ·
Well I guess you can count me amongst those crazy Italians, Ducati is just embarrassing themselves at this point. Just go home to WSBK and kick ass, that's what Kawasaki and Aprilia are doing, and their selling bikes like crazy, meanwhile Yamaha dealers can't move 2 year old marked down bikes out of their showrooms with all their GP Championships. MotoGP is all about the money today, and Ducati don't have that Honda cashflow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#559 ·
It is all relative to the area, Yamahas are selling like mad up here.

#561 ·
My dealer can't move them at all here. Took him 2 years to sell a Rossi Special edition R1, and I believe he still has his red and white 50th anniversary special as well. Even my FZ1 was on his floor for a year and a half before I bought it. He also sells Suzukis and Victorys, and those fly out the doors. Maybe it's because Suzuki and Victory bring their trucks there and do Demo days but Yamaha doesn't. Nobody here wants a Yamaha.

I'm assuming Yamaha isn't doing fantastic here in the states just based on the fact that their lineup hasn't changed at all really since 2009, aside form the Super Tenere and FZ8, neither of which I have ever seen on the road.Hell, the FZ1 is unchanged since 2006 at this point, and the R1 since 2009. They should do like Kawasaki and stop blowing wads of cash on GP racing and start making bikes people will actually like and buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.