Sport Bikes banner

2012/2013 MotoGP Off-Season News, Rumors and other Info Thread

61K views 818 replies 47 participants last post by  mulletman 
#1 ·
#483 ·
I haven't seen video yet, but just from photos, Marquez's form looks a lot like Stoner in the way he hangs WAY off the bike, but where Stoner seems to be pushing the bike up and away from him, Marquez carries a ton of lean angle like Lorenzo, should be interesting so see him in a race. Though I remember in his first season of Moto2 he crashed all of the first few races until he figured the bike out and began running at the front.

#493 ·
Here's what I got out of this past weekends testing.
--The aliens will now consist of Rossi, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, and Marquez. One of them will win every race this year and the others will be on the podium with them. Everybody else will be seconds behind battling for the 5th position and beyond.
--Rossi is back. The last 2 years have taken nothing away from his ability to challenge for the win. And you can be damn sure he'll be center podium more times than once.
--Marquez is real. Granted he's on one of the only 4 bikes capable of winning a GP race, but the boy can ride.
--Ducati's current bike is as bad as all the riders say it is, so I can't help but wonder why they're still testing it if they're going to use a completely different bike for the race season?? Dovizioso and Spies's statements from the weekend of testing confirm this (not too mention how far away the Duc's times are from the front).

#495 ·
--Ducati's current bike is as bad as all the riders say it is, so I can't help but wonder why they're still testing it if they're going to use a completely different bike for the race season?? Dovizioso and Spies's statements from the weekend of testing confirm this (not too mention how far away the Duc's times are from the front).
I could be wrong, but the takeaway I had from their statements is that this is the Duc that is going to be raced. If so, I think there is a darned good chance they could finish behind some of the CRTs.

Nicky Hayden: Ducati need something big | MotoGP News | Feb 2013 | Crash.Net

#498 ·
The more I read this statement, the more I shake my head.

Ducati made it clear at their recent team introduction that they were not going to debut a new Ducati GP bike until they fully understood what the current one can and cannot do.

They've had, essentially, the same bike with the same riders for 2 straight years. Countless hours of both practice and race time to draw info from. WHAT THE HELL CAN'T THEY FIGURE OUT???

Personally, I think they're just Ducati snobs. They're right and everyone else is wrong. Here's a statement that proves my point.

New Ducati Racing boss Bernhard Gobmeier claimed the Desmosedici GP13 needed evolution, not revolution, during the preseason Vrooom media event earlier this month in the Italian Dolomites.

This guy thinks just like Preziosi, that the bike is fine and the riders just need to adjust their style of riding. EVOLUTION instead of REVOLUTION??? News flash for him - the Ducati is worlds behind the Honda and Yamaha in MotoGP and a few tweeks here and there won't make a bit of difference. It's going to be a long year for Ducati and its riders. I actually feel bad for Hayden, Dovi, and Spies.

#500 ·
Ducati is in shambles. I frankly don't even care about how they do anymore. They have been uncompetetive for far too long and I'm more excited to see how Nicky, Spies, Dovi, and Ianonne do on this piece of shit bike. People will finally realize what Valentino was frustrated about.

Dovi has spent 3 days on the bike and is already asking for a ground up and new bike lol

#501 ·
Looks like it should be a good season, but I still miss Stoner :(

It's too bad there isn't another factory team at the front; Cal has the talent to be an alien, he just needs a factory ride.

Dovi has spent 3 days on the bike and is already asking for a ground up and new bike lol
I bet his heart sank when he realized just how bad the bike really is. I can't imagine what it feels like to go from a satellite bike to a factory bike, and be slower!

#507 ·
HAHAHA, if they really want to be competitive, they BETTER attend this test. Moreover, they can better "establish" what's wrong with the 2012 bike. :facepalm

Did IMS also leave out the part that they got sued for no access to their handicapped seating? They have the seating, but no way to get to it. :hdscratch

#514 ·
Glad to see you and Rossi are finally on the same page in terms of favorite riders :slaugh

But seriously it's hard not to like the kid - he's super talented, pretty aggressive and knows how to put up a show. The sport desperately needed a rider like him. Hopefully the days of 3 passes throughout the entire race are over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.