Sport Bikes banner

Gixxah 1000 crashes off a cliff

7K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  beowulf2k 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I enjoyed the "Hey, pain hurts - who knew?!?" sounds and the bikes he'd just passed zooming away in the background. :)

Earlier in the video he also performs Stupid Squid Act #1 - passing someone IN THEIR LANE at a zillion miles an hour. Pet peeve - just because I'm on one side of the lane right now doesn't mean I'll still be there when you decide to pass!

KeS

Attachments

#8 ·
Earlier in the video he also performs Stupid Squid Act #1 - passing someone IN THEIR LANE at a zillion miles an hour. Pet peeve - just because I'm on one side of the lane right now doesn't mean I'll still be there when you decide to pass!

KeS
Yeah, that would have set my teeth on edge......of course karma's revenge was near instant in this case, so all is well.

.....and man those Go Pros take a fucking licking don't they?

#11 ·
#21 ·
all i can say is "Dumba$$!"

i also do not like people passing me in my lane. there WAS a riding buddy of mine that passed me on the right twice. not going THAT fast but still retarded. he said he did it just to get a laugh. i gave him some choice words and he could not believe how it could be unsafe to pass someone on the right in deer country no less. someone got their ID-10-T card renewed i'm thinking.

#26 ·
Man he fucked that bike up nicely. I think the swinger and motor are about all that is left.

Attachments

#28 ·
#34 ·
:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor

Ive lost my ability to type---the kids a total 'tard the way he rides, and hes simply proving it by "re-building" that thing.

"ok guys, this will be my first attempt at a rebuild, Ill keep you updated. all it needs is a new frame..."
:facepalm

RC

Reactions: PCHbreeze
#33 · (Edited)
Evidently this guy, I think he estimated it would cost him $3000?

Edit: sorry, $3500

Why do y'all have problems with the rebuild? You'd rather just give up and get a new bike. Well bike has been amazing and I don't want to see it get parted out.

Frame
Forks
Brake rotors
1 clip on w/clutch assembly
Radiator and oil cooler
Subframe cage

That's all I need to get back up and running. "That's all" lol.
Then I'll get a new gas tank cowl and bracket then the tank is good.
In time will come; all plastics, signals, stay bracket, gauge (the gauge cluster was detached and I put it by the swing arm while transporting it).
Plus I wouldn't mind having a project with a great prize at the end.

I'm sure there are people who would do what I'm doing.
$3500 for a rebuild. @SLP I have not started it yet. My clutch line snapped and idk how Imma check the engine. I guess I'll get a new clutch assembly and see if she starts up. The front end took all the weight. Only minor scratches on the left cover. Do you have any suggestions for me?

#37 ·
Looks to me like he needed a little more practice steering before being out on the road with a motorcycle. He didn't really seem like he was much in control just making ordinary lane shifts way before the crash. In the corner, he turned in too sharp, realized he was on the wrong side of the road, over-corrected to get back in his lane, and couldn't recover enough from the over-correction to make the turn. Did he have a bike license? If so how did he pass the riding test?

#39 ·
Wow. I really don't know what to say other than I really didn't understand how he crashed. It seems like he target fixated and then went into brain lock during the corner. If the angle of the GoPro was any indicator, he sure as heck was not keeping his head up and looking through the corners. When he passed all of those other guys at speed you kind of knew he was going to be a goner.

That being said, I have dumped a couple of times and I wouldn't wish falling on anyone. At least it appeared that he spent coin on a suit and was properly geared up. Imagine how bad it would be if he wasn't.

The idea of fixing that motorcycle is utterly ludicrous - the frame is broken thus it is immediately totalled. He must have minimal insurance or none.

This is brutal. The truth is that we want more people in our sport who will stay in the sport. This benefits all of us. Look at what has happened with the economic downturn / slowdown. We need more riders learning on smaller bikes so that they stay in the sport rather than guys who apparently purchase GSXR1000's as their first bike. This is the last thing we need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.