Sport Bikes banner

My favorite is

MotoGP round 18 Valencia 11/11/2012 *SPOILERS*

8K views 111 replies 25 participants last post by  ZorroX 
#1 ·
So, this is the last race of the 2012 MotoGP race season. Here's the highlights from my perspective.

--Lorenzo is the champ. Will he race very hard this round?
--Pedrosa is once again 2nd at the end of the year. He sure has been strong lately, though
--Stoner finishes his motorcycle racing career this round. Will he go out with a "W"?
--Rossi end his 2 year nightmare with Ducati this round. Can I get an amen?

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#79 ·
Surprised Marquez has so many haters. :eek:nfloor I like him a lot. Gobs of talent, huge balls and already it looks like he's got a level of maturity. But he is aggressive... He's not going to wait around if someone is going slower or braking earlier than him.

#80 ·
Sure, but punting someone off the track isn't going to be any more acceptable than it is in Moto2. Rossi already commented on this.

#93 ·
Finally got around to watching this. Wow, what a race! It was kinda shitty because the weather screwed a lot of riders... But it damn sure did make an exciting race to watch. There were a few pretty gnarly crashes, but at least no injuries from as far as I can tell. Can't wait for next season.

#100 ·
He was 3.5 seconds ahead, then he got screwed over by a backmarker and the gap closed to .5 seconds, then pedrosa made a mistake and he gained back the time to 3.5 again... then he got screwed over by another backmarker and his bike punted him into the stratosphere.

#98 ·
The weather sucked the big one but I suppose it was a little exciting.
Good win by Pedrosa, an excellent 2nd place from Nakasuga and a gritty 3rd from Stoner.

Sux we won't be seeing him again next year but things move on.

Marquez is pretty awesome and it will be exciting seeing him race in MotoGP next year.

He may have to tone it down a notch or two but judging by watching him in Moto2, that's not his style.

#101 ·
The way I see it...that was all jlo's fault he crashed cause he went off the race(dry) line to pass a back marker which resulted in his loss then sudden regain of traction! Had he waited for a safer passing condition for the weather condition for example a straight away...he may have won the race. His flawed expectation that Ellison should go off the race(dry) line therefore putting his own self in danger was what lead him to try to overtake him in that corner and consequently to his wreck! My 2cents.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#102 · (Edited)
I haven't seen anything conclusive about this, but I have to wonder if Ellison even got the blue flag. Considering how early in the race JLo was lapping him (L14), if there wasn't a blue flag, I think it's plausible that even after glancing back, Ellison wasn't necessarily thinking that he was being lapped.

I haven't seen any response from Ellison, I'd be interested to see what his take on the situation is.

EDIT: Found his Twitter profile. He's saying that he didn't know Jorge was there. (and I must say he's defending himself quite vigorously)
https://twitter.com/racingellison/status/267895627453702144

#103 ·
Sad how Lorenzo paid a big price for a backmarker overtake maneuver. Rememmber at the begining of the season we were wondering what kind of mishaps would occer when the backmarkers get lapped? Well it's safe to say Lorenzo wouldn't have gone down had Ellison not been there. With that said, Lorenzo could have waited a bit longer instead of rushing it. The commentators even said Lorenzo was trying to fix a problem that wasnt there. Ala Pedrosa behind him, but he was still too far back due to running off, yet Lorenzo just didn't know it.

Oh well, surprised this kind pf stuff didn't happen more often during the season.

#105 ·
My point being, wether it be a back marker or swatching for 1st from 2nd, it's on the passer to ensure that his pass is safe! Even if Ellison did realize it was JLo behind him and that he was being lapped, you can't expect the man to put himself in danger of crashing just so someone can pass you that's going faster than you! At that point it was obvious that track conditions were dangerous outside of the race line! So going into a turn outside of the race line was a near guaranteed death sentence. I would've held the line just as Ellison did! Lorenzo on the other hand, had every conceivable notion that he was coming up on a back runner, and that in the current condition it was dangerous to leave the race line especially into a turn. As a huge proponent of track safety(unless it only maters when it's his safety that's been jeopardized) he should have known to be more conscious about taking such a maneuver on a wet track with slick tires! The fact that he was already world champ at this point forces me to put him in the same category as Marquez! He took an unnecessary maneuver at an unnecessary time! Putting not only himself but others as well at risk! 2 more cents in the piggy bank!

Sent from my iPhone25S(27ft by2.5in screen)

#106 ·
There were some scary back-marker/lapped rider situations in this race. There were several clean overtakes, as well. I saw Colin Edwards get way out of the leaders way.

The fact is, I thought we'd see a lot more of this kind of thing all season long with the CRT bikes, and we really didn't have too many incidents. Not all the lapped riders in this race were CRT bikes, either. Some were factory team prototype machines.

#110 ·
well that race was a giant cluster fuck. every corner should have had a blue flag waiving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.