Sport Bikes banner

Honda to reveal something big in a few days

5K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  pacman 
#1 ·
#34 ·
They did it already with the new NC700 . I had one for a day as the company my buddy spanners for is buying 80 of them . It really is honda at thier very very worst . Never before have I rode such a boring bike . Its got nothing going for it . I would not even recommend a noob buy it .

#17 ·
If the picture represents pulling the cover off, they ALL look like cruiser bikes!

But I will go ahead and predict unveiling CBR500R, new CBR600RR, new CBR1000RR, new Goldwing, and new Shadow.

Ya think I will get one of them? :p

#26 ·
The Fireblade still gets very high marks from most serious bike mags and it still is one of the top selling bikes because it's engine is supposedly so good it doesn't need gobs of power or traction control to be rideable. I've never ridden one so I cant say one way or another, but I do really like the CB1000.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#47 ·
Jake Zemke posted this on Facebook. entered 3 races, won 3 races.

Budget Racing with the Honda CBR1000RR - Heed 505 - Motorcycle USA

Zemke's own words:

JakeZemke said:
“It just goes to show what a good bike can do right out of the box,” says Zemke. “From being a street bike just three days ago to putting a couple pieces on it and running respectable lap times and winning a couple races. It just goes to show you don’t need to dump a bunch of money in a Honda to have fun at the races. The power that it makes is really rider-friendly and it is really easy to ride even on a tight track like Vegas. I’m surprised why more guys aren’t racing these bikes.”

#27 ·
Don't get sucked into all the magazine hype. Just because something sells well doesn't always mean that it's great. Some people are loyalist and the same goes for me. I'm a Suzuki loyalist being that they have the best aftermarket support by far and the privateers choice for that reason and are cheap to mod. That doesn't mean that stock it doesn't come without it's flaws. You can make any bike special but, stock vs stock ride one against the competition and you will see. Honda wants to say that you don't need traction control but, that's their way of ripping you off and charging what those who offer traction control for. They are behind the power curve with todays tech. Honda and Suzuki are behind in those regards. Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ape, BMW and Duc all offer traction control and if I remember ABS also of some sort. Also Honda doesn't make much power compared to the front runners. Of the big 4 Kawasaki is the best bang for buck.

#28 ·
Just looking at dyno charts, the Honda would be my pick even though as a brand I prefer Kawasaki, just due to the midrange usability of it, the Kawi is a top end and I hate the styling of the Yamaha and Suzuki. Then again I don't love the CBR styling either, pre 08 mods looked great though. Right now all japanese bikes look like ass IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#30 ·
I'd be most excited (for you guys) if Honda decided to "release" the CB1000RA in the US - it's already available here. And while I have a general disdain for Honda... I actually really like the look of this bike.

Honda Motorcycle

It just needs an exhaust that looks less like a dildo.

#33 ·
I've wondered why is the CBR600rr and 1000rr considered boring ? I've seen online video reviews from youtube to so called pro reviews where the word boring was used? Why? Exhaust is too quiet? The bike makes too little power? Too easy to ride? I'll never know since Honda does not do demo days in my area ( Seattle). The other Japanese makers did. I thought the ZX6R was the most exciting ride due to that killer motor. The R6 was a too hard to ride for the street while the GSXR just didnt excite me, something about how it revved, wasnt smooth to me.

#35 ·
Hondas, like gingers, are red and don't have souls.
Kawasakis, like the Hulk, is green and is a monster deep down inside.
Suzukis, like water, is blue and everywhere which tends to get dull and boring.
Yamaha, like blondes, are yellow high pitched attention grabbers that don't get taken as serious as they want to be.

#43 ·
At one point or another most members here have, and then you also have those who want to get a sportbike but have come here with questions (or validation).

Yes there is a good following for naked bikes here as well as Sv650 lovers and track nazis. Doesn't take anything away from the site. And last I checked, an SV650 and a Z1000 are still sportbikes. They are not supersports, but they are sportbikes regardless. Or have we forgotten our different categories of sportbikes?

And FWIW, I don't hate naked sportbikes. I actually do like some nakeds, but I wouldn't choose a naked bike over a faired one .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.