Sport Bikes banner

Special Day!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JustSaying 
#1 ·
I would like to thank all members of this forum for sharing your knowledge of the fundamentals of riding. I'm a new rider and just got my first bike today! It's an '08 Honda CBR600 RR! This was my first time riding a sportbike and it blew my mind away! I would probably have a hard time sleeping tonight. I can't stop thinking about what I did on the road today. It's one of those, "what just happened?" moment. Thanks sportbikes.net!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! :twofinger

You've got a handful for a starter bike. Not many here would recommend that bike for a beginner. Since you've already got it, I guess there's no use in talking you into a 250 or 500! Make sure to buy (and wear) some good gear. Have you taken the MSF course yet?

#3 ·
this smells fishy.

#4 ·
Thanks Max! Yes I've taken the MSF course. I'm very much aware about recommendation for new riders starting off with a 250 but the way I look at it we all have the same goal and that is riding perfection. And you could take various paths toward achieving that goal. I just decided to skip the 250. Does it mean I'm special? I don't think so. Does it mean I have natural talent? I would like to believe so. Do I like going fast? Absolutely! But I think more importantly, I'm not stupid. I know what I'm capable of.

#6 ·
yeah you think you are special.

Reactions: kevin_stevens
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.